Habitat for Humanity International (“HFHI”) is a non-profit ecumenical Christian organisation dedicated to eliminating substandard housing and homelessness worldwide and to making adequate, affordable shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat for Humanity is founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should have a simple, decent, affordable place to live in dignity and safety. Habitat for Humanity Bangladesh (HFHB) is a branch of HFHI dedicated to the eradication of substandard housing and homelessness in Bangladesh. HFHB is currently looking for interested and qualified candidates for the following position.
Accounts Officer (Based in Dhaka)
- Responsible for the overall efficient, effective implementation of Finance Policies and Procedures of the HFHI-B, HFHI and GAAP/IAS/BAS, VAT & Tax, NGOAB (FD’s Forms) rules and regulations.
- Prepare & check all necessary supporting documents for all disbursement and ensure payment in timely manner.
- Ensure all recording in SUN (accounting software) for Payment voucher, Journal Voucher, and Deposit Voucher and follow up the travel and regular advances.
- Assist Senior Manager-Finance and Finance Manager during Internal /External Audit/International Audit.
- Computing and deducting Income Tax and VAT at source on bills from the vendors/contractor as per Government rules and regulations and deposit to the Government treasury in timely manner.
- Ensure all banking activities and communicate with bank relation officer as and when required appropriately.
- Assist to prepare all types of reports according to the needs of donor and internal/external audit purpose.
- Support to prepare monthly and quarterly financial report s as per requirements accurately and timely.
- Ensure all financial reports along with all documents from HRCs, /Projects/partners, ensure accuracy of those reports, clarify any inquiries prior to prepare and send consolidated reports to Finance Manager/Senior Manager- Finance.
- Review salary statement for disbursement and prepare all disbursement for PF and Gratuity funds for HFHB.
- Ensure funds availability from donor and prepare cash flow statement, bank reconciliation statement, in monthly basis for NO, HRC and Partner.
- Support to prepare Cash Flow Projection, Bank Balance Report, Construction Cash Flow Projection, and Budget Variance report as required.
- Ensure all funds received at National Office are deposited in the Habitat Assigned Bank(s) as well as issuing receipts for the same. Assist Senior Manager- Finance (department head) as and when required.
- The ideal person should have Master Degree in Accounting/Management/ Finance; preference for those who have started/completed CA/ACCA; with 2 years of related working experience in any development organizations.
- Excellent communication skills in both spoken & written English & Bengali.
- Capable to train the Finance & other related staffs to update them with HFHI-B policies and procedures, government rules & regulations and for capacity building on financial issue.
- Willingness to travel to project area to ensure the implementation of the accounting practices and policies, purchasing practice, vendors, assets, petty cash spending, waste, possible fraud, and other identified function understanding the management concern, etc.
- Comprehensive financial management skills to direct financial planning, accounting, reporting including budgeting and cash flow management and internal control needs of the organization.
- Capacity to handle and negotiate with partners, donors such as DFAT, KOICA etc, and government officials, corporate partners and grassroots partners.
- Capacity to ensure the implementation of the accounting practices and policies, purchasing practice, vendors, assets, petty cash spending, waste, possible fraud, and other identified function understanding the management concern, etc.
- Advanced knowledge on NGOAB rules specially (FD’s forms) and related legislation of governments Bangladesh.
- Good organizational skills, able to handle a challenging workload and must be detail-oriented.
- Capability to handle highly confidential information discreetly and maintain a high morale with integrity and honesty.
- Auditing Knowledge and experience is preferable.
- Advance skills in MS Office knowledge of computerized accounting and auditing record keeping systems is preferred High moral character with integrity and honesty Stewardship of resources, transparency and accountability.
- Capacity to handle multi tasks & prioritize job responsibilities
Salary: Taka 45,000 gross per month and other regular benefits as per organizational policy.
If you feel that your qualification and experience matches with our requirements, and you share a commitment to Habitat’s values and vision, please forward completed HFHB’s Job Application Form to email@example.com or send the same to The Human Resource Manager, Habitat for Humanity International- Bangladesh, House # 12 (3rd Floor), Road # 16/A, Gulshan-1, Dhaka-1212 by May 20, 2018 within 12:00pm. The Job Application Form can be downloaded by clicking here. Please note the application form is required to be completed in full and incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidate who applied earlier for any position need not re-apply. Women and minority are especially encouraged to apply.
* Our organization is committed to promote equal opportunities for women and men from different caste, ethnic and religious backgrounds and encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply for all our positions. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Telephone enquiries or any form of persuasion will lead to disqualification